Monday, March 16, 2009

Some funnny things!

Well, instead of trying to catch up from 3 months of posts, I am just gonna start a little more current and post some things!!!
First of all, my cute little Rilee turned 4 on Dec 29th. She is constantly keeping us on our toes. She is so funny and so hyper. She always comes up with the most clever things. The other day we were driving to my mom's and we were talking about her as a baby. She asked how big she was when she was born and I said 6'5oz and 17 1/2 inches long....she continued to ask how big both her brothers were and I told her their weight and length. She then asked how big I was when I was a baby. I said I did not know for sure but with my hands I showed her just about how long I thought I was. After a second of silence Rilee resonded, "Mom, you were a 5 dollar footlong baby!" Hilarious--if any of you don't get it you need to watch more TV, or atleast more Subway commercials!
Payton turned 6 this last Friday---actually is you ask him he is 8. He thinks he turned 6 a week ago from Sunday when we did his family party (party #1), then he turned 7 on Friday (his real birthday and party #2), then he thinks on Wednesday he will get to turn 8 (for his friend party---party #3). He is so funny. I am sure that he doesn't really think he is 8, but wants to get baptized so bad he wants to be 8!! We did have a lot of fun parties-and thank to all for the awesome presents, he loves them all!
We went to the draper temple open house on March 6th. My kids were so excited to go and see the inside of the temple. We did a family home evening the Monday before all about temples and the kids did a cute duet of "I love to see the temples". They were both very excited and it was fun to be in the sealing rooms with my kids. They loved to look "forever" into the mirrors. Rilee even had to take her brochure from the temple for show and tell the next week. Unfortunately Cody had to go through the open house with the youth of our ward (he is the YM leader) so he was not with us through the whole thing, but we met up with him in the church afterwards. It was a great experience and I am so grateful that our family will be together forever!!
Well, because I am battling with the stomach flu, I think I am done posting for today. For all you that continue to check to see if I ever update my blog don't give up on me-- I will try to do better!

4 comments:

Chad and Mandi said...

Your kids crack me up! Rilee says the funniest stuff... and Payton is oh so stylish with his high water church pants!

The Dyreng's said...

Oh Nona, your kids are so cute!!! Hunter was telling me on Sunday that you and cody are going to be his soccer coaches and that you kick the ball with the side of your foot. All I could think about was bless you heart with all those boys, but I know that you will do a great job!

Jennie said...

I can't believe how grown up your kids are getting...they are so adorable. it is so fun to read about the cute things they say and what you've been up to. So sorry to see Rilee getting attacked by your kitty. We know what that's like!

Anonymous said...

Hi, my name is Nick. Cody was one of the missionaries who introduced my family to the church. I was just trying to get back in touch with him and this is the only thing I could find on the internet. My email is n_d_nowlin@hotmail.com if you wouldn't mind passing it to him. Thanks!