Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Our Newest Addition





This is the newest addition to our family!!!! Some of you might be surprised, because if you know me you know that I do not really like cats. Well with all the fields around my house, mice have become a problem. I definately like cats more than I like mice!!! Someone brought us a wild full grown cat about 1 month ago.....that did not last very long. As soon as we took it out of it's cage thing it ran away. That was the last of that cat. Finally, Cody's cousin Darren called and said that these kitties were ready to be taken away from their mom. He brought it up, and it was soooo cute. It was really scared the first couple days and it would not let you hold it. Now it is pretty content, but does scratch a little. Unfortunately we will not be declawing him...after all what kind of mouse killer would he be??? I kinda like the kitty. We have been feeding it some kitty food and farm milk. It seems to be growing well. I also invested in a lot of mice toys to start teaching it to hunt them. Well I sure hopes that having a cat helps. Otherwise I do not know what I will do. Oh yeah the funniest part of it was when we were trying to decide on a name. Rilee said, "Mom since our kitty is a baby like Talan I think that we should name him Baby Jesus." HA HA HA We laughed forever...it was funny. Well we did not use that name. Instead Payton and Rilee agreed on Whiskers. Hopefully he will be as good of a cat as he is as a kitty!!

3 comments:

Kelie said...

cute kitty. i hope he catches all the mice for you!!!

Tommy and Teisha said...

I can relate to the mice-- down in Levan Tommy's mom always get mice from the fields! I don't like cats either but anything is better than mice-- they freak me out.

Tiffani Mills said...

So funny you have a cat- dont know if I could do it- but man I hate mice too. Cam found one in our dog food bag outside the other day and screamed like a girl! But your kitty is cute! I am sure your kids love it!