Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Lake Powell

Another fun vacation that we had this summer was Lake Powell. Cody's family has a house boat there. This year about all the aunts, uncles, cousins etc went and we had as many as 50 people on the houseboat at one time. It made for little room but a lot of fun. To make it even more exciting our house boat was parked next to the Madsen's (another equally large and crazy family from Gunnison). It was a blast. I always love Lake Powell. It is so relaxing. The kids had fun although Payton and Rilee were kind of afraid of the water. Talan was just his normal self and just hung out in the water and did not make a fuss. Cody and I decided to bring a tent so that our family could sleep in it at night and we would not have to worry about the kids waking everyone else up. Well on the last day we packed up out tent and there were 3 scorpions under it.. Freaky!! We did some tubing and skiing, played a lot of games, ate a lot of food, and had tons of fun. Lake Powell is something that we look forward to every year!!

4 comments:

Jayci said...

Lake Powell is always so much fun! I bet that was so crazy with all of the Dyrengs and the Madsens there. That's quite the group! & it's about time we here from you! I really look forward to seeing what's up on your blog! I miss you and your family! I'm glad things are going so good!

Tiffani Mills said...

Looks like a ton of fun- I love tubing and miss it- Cams family doesn't really tube.
You and your kids look so cute- freaky about the scorpions- but glad you had so much fun!

Kelie said...

What a great trip! I love Lake Powell...oh and the scorpions under your tent grossed me out! looks like so much fun though!! I can't believe how big Talan is getting, he's so cute!!

Tommy and Teisha said...

Fun I love Lake Powell--- looks like you had tons of fun.