Tuesday, July 22, 2008

SHE'S 3

Well this past weekend I was up at my mom's house and I was getting ready to leave on Saturday morning. I really needed my hair trimmed. The girl who normally cuts my hair is back east selling security systems with her husband, so I decided that I would quickly run to Fantastic Sams and get my hair trimmed. I usually take Rilee to Cookie Cutters...a children's hair cutting place, but I decided to take her with me. After all we were just getting a trim. Well, we get there and after a short wait they took me to one chair and Rilee to another. I told the lady, I just want you to trim up her ends. Well the girl cutting my hair was busy cutting off my many split ends, and when I was finally done I looked up and could not believe it. No...my hair was fine, but when I looked at Rilee she had bangs....and kind of ugly ones. I walked over and grabbed her out of the chair. I was very mad. I said, I did not say to cut bangs. The lady cutting her hair said, "Oh, she told me to." I replied, "She is 3." I was furious, I didn't even let her finish cutting them, I just took her and left. Luckily Rilee is soooo cute that any hair style looks good one her, but I had been growing them out for a year and they were finally almost as long as her hair. I will have to post some pics later of them. I did however finally break down on Sunday and trim them a little better and at a little of an angle. So the moral of the story, don't leave your 3 year old alone when she is getting her hair cut!!! Thanks goodness she did not say that she wanted to be BALD!!

6 comments:

Michelle said...

okay, that's hilarious...but you're right....she is adorable no matter what!

Jayci said...

Okay - I don't find this funny AT ALL! I felt so much fustration and rage just by hearing your story! If that would have been me, I'm afraid I would have taken the scissors from the lady and cut a big ol' chunk of hair out of her head just to piss her off. That sucks! But they will grow back and Rilee is totally cute no matter what!

Tiffani Mills said...

So sorry! At least in a few years when they are back to where you want- you can look back and laugh! But yah- not funny right now! But she is such a cutey- I am sure she looks adorable- but I would be pretty mad too! Sorry- I hope you paid nothing! for either of you!

Kelie said...

Ok, I would be totally ticked off...and am so glad you said something to the girl! Luckily they will grow (even if it takes awhile) She is darling no matter what. like tiff said, I really hope you didn't pay for the cut!

The Perry Family said...

Oh Nona that is the cutest story!!! Seriously why would a beautician listen to the little kid in the chair!! Oh one day it will be funny. She is just a girl that knows what she wants :) I would have been furious! My little daughter has tons of hair and we have had a couple incidents with scissors. It is so frustrating when your own kid does it, much less a complete stranger!!!

TR said...

I would've been so mad!! Especially since you had been growing them out! It's the worst feeling when they do something wrong with your hair bc you can't just switch it back to how it used to be! And I agree-hopefully u didn't pay anything!