Saturday, November 10, 2007

LIKE FATHER.....LIKE SON.


Payton loves his Daddy. He wants to do everything just like DAD. He eats the same breakfast cereal as him, dresses like him for church, and just always looks up to him. It is no wonder that he is so excited any time he gets to spend time with DAD. One of their favorite things to do together is go to the farm, whether spotlighting, getting milk, hunting, or just going for a drive. Well on Saturday October 4th, Cody took Payton pheasant hunting with him. It was cold and Payton got a little tired of the 3 hour hunt, but he was as proud as could be when he got home. He climbed out of the blazer holding up this pheasant. To be quite honest I was kind of grossed out by my little boy holding up the dead bird. You think I would be used to it now being married to Cody. For goodness sake, who would have ever thought that I would have an elk head on my wall? Anyway, I took the picture of my proud little hunter. It is fun to watch him grow and want to be just like his DAD. Later that night Cody, Payton and Rilee enjoyed a nice barbequed pheasant breast. YUCK!!!!

3 comments:

Michelle said...

hey girl! I am so excited that you've joined the Blog world. I love seeing all the pictures and hearing what is going on with you and your family. I have felt so disconnected from you for so long so this makes me so happy! Love you girl!

Unknown said...

Nona I love your blog! I'm so excited I get to see your cuties growing and doing funny stuff! Hurray for blogging! BBQ Pheasant... YUCK IS RIGHT!

Tiffani Mills said...

I am happy to hear you have an elk head on your wall. I have a buck on mine (dont know what kind) and Cam is getting his deer mounted right now AND has an elk tag over Thanksgiving weekend- of course hoping for a big one. So within a few months I will have 2 mounted- I am secretly rooting against him so I dont have to have 3.