Monday, April 7, 2008

Family Gopher Hunt

Well this post is going to sound crazy to about everyone that reads this, except maybe my brothers and uncle Brian (sue's husband). Last night after conference we decided to go shooting gophers with the entire family. Cody's family bought some new farm land in Axtell and Casey and Connor said it was sworming with gophers. We loaded 12 people into the suburban and headed off. Of course the boys were by the windows so that they could shoot at the gophers. There were alot of gophers and as sick as it may sound it was funny to watch them get shot. Sometimes they would get hit just right that they would fly in the air.-----gross, I know!! I used to feel bad for them until they made holes and mounds in my newly planted grass. I guess now I am out for revenge so I am fine with shooting them. More than anything it was fun to be together as a family. Payton thinks it doesn't get any better than shooting gophers. He has kind of claimed Cody's pellet gun as his own, although I am against him having a pellet gun until he is 8. Gun's still really scare me and sometimes I think that Cody is to lax with him about guns. I guess I am the one to ruin Payton's fun, but at least he will be safer. Well to all my highschool and college friends, I am sure that you are shocked that I enjoy this stuff. I guess this is what the rural life does to you. Well, maybe you would really like it if you tried it, so whoever wants to come visit me and do some gopher hunting, I am ready!!!!

4 comments:

Michelle said...

hilarious! you are so small town! I love it! Revenge is the best! haha

Bayless said...

what the heck are you doing city girl?

Kelie said...

i love it!!! especially since i knew you when you were a vegetarian! makes for some fun memories!

Tiffani Mills said...

That sounds crazy and fun, amazing how your attitude changes when you see how much fun your kids and husband are having. I think my husband wishes we lived somewhere he could do this stuff. Someday we will have to come visit.