Tuesday, April 8, 2008

A friend like that


I was reading this article on the MSN website. This navy seal had a grenade bounce of his chest and land on the ground next to him. Rather than letting it go off and kill him and his buddies, he jumped on top of it taking most of the force. He died 30 minutes later. His friends only sustained minor injuries
How many of us could really do that and pay the ultimate price for our friends, our kids, our families???? I would like to think that I could and would. Fortunately I haven't had to give up my life for anyone, but I hope people remember me and think of me as the type of person that would do anything for anyone. Cody has 2 cousins in Iraq right now. How grateful I am for people willing to risk their lives so that we are free. If you would like to read the entire story click on the little box at the top of this post. If I did it right, the link should be there.

6 comments:

Kelie said...

that is such a heartbreaking story! and such an amazing person to do that for his friends! i am thankful to all of those soldiers who fight for my freedom! thanks for sharing the story.

eldiego2006 said...

That is the most honorable thing a person can do. My heart goes out to his family and those men that were there with him. Thank you for giing your life for our country. to all the men and women sering in the military thank you.

Tommy and Teisha said...

That is such a sad storgy but amazing-- It is ok if you think of me as a little kid because I can't believe that you have 3 kids! I can't believe Tiffani does!

It was me that wrote the Brett Favre comment-- he is my love! I am a die hard Packer fan and have been in depression over his retirement... at least baseball season is starting up.

Tommy and Teisha said...

By the way my husband is trying to convince me to move to Levan-- so you'll have to tell me how small town life is.

Susanne said...

Hey Nona, so fun to hear from you. You blog is great. Your kids are beautiful. I love blogging and seeing other peoples blogs. Keep in touch. Susanne

Jayci said...

I love reading your family blog. It's so much fun and I'm so glad that I'm able to hear from you and see your family in some sort of way! I'm going to start my own blog, like, this week. I'll let you know! Jayci