Friday, April 4, 2008

The greatest family ever!!!!

I say this over and over again, but I have the greatest family ever. I remember as a little girl I would complain when I didn't get just what I wanted. Whether it was the expensive name brand jeans, a car when I was 16 or just cash- I was a little brat when I did not get what I wanted. My mom would always say, "I guess you were born in to the wrong family." Well mom, I am here to say that I am so grateful that you didn't give me away to another family when I was so bratty. I love hanging out with my family.

My parents are the greatest with my kids. So kind, patient, understanding, and fun. My mom is willing to listen to Rilee talk for hours and hours on end, and each time she has a smile on her face while Rilee is talking. She is also so great to offer to watch the kids when I go do things. She is great to take time to make each of her grandkids feel so special. Thanks mom for all you do for them

My Dad is so fun. My kids have so much fun spending time in his radio room, going to the park, and little hikes. He also doesn't get mad when they trash his house when we are up visiting. Thanks dad for being a great grandpa!!

I don't see my brother Ryan and his wife Jules much cause they live in San Diego, but it is always so fun to see them when they are here. They make each family function a party. They have the cutest little boy Sammy--I wish they were closer.

Akaela and Jason are always so good to my kids. My kids absolutely adore them. We are looking forward to sweet little McKynlee getting older so we can teach her all the naughty things they teach our kids. We love them anyway, and Akaela is my best friend. They blessed there baby this past weekend. She is so precious.

Glen is so willing to let my kids tag along with him. We went to my mom's house for about a week over spring break and he was great to come to Carl's Jr with us, take the kids to the library, even come swimming with us. He is awesome

Steve and Emily are so fun with my kids. They live in Ephraim which is close to Gunnison so we get to have them down often. My kids love it when they come over. They are also so willing to help with my kids. Watching my kids while I go shopping, coming swimming or just hanging out.

Danny is on a mission right now in Florida. His letters are always so fun to read. He is still as goofy as ever. He thinks he is going to learn to play the banjo, and wrestle a crocodile while out there. Sounds like he is getting a little red neck blood in him!!! My kids are so good to pray for "Danny and the other missionaries" in their prayers. Love ya Dan

Dave is awesome. He is so fun with my kids. He lets them take naps and even sleep by him at night. He is crazy and teaches my kids all about teasing, but they love him. He is so kind and caring, even when they eat all his candy.

CC is so great. She has been such a help down here, and we will all miss her when she goes back to Alta. My kids always get in to her stuff, yet she is so kind to them. She comes places with us and we all have so much fun together. She even helped take my kids to the Easter egg hunt at my mom's house.


Well that is it for my family. Thanks everyone for being the greatest family ever!! Here is one more picture. It is missing Danny, my parents, and Ryan, Jules and Sammy. It is hard to get everyone together these days.

5 comments:

Michelle said...

nona...that was such a fun blog! gosh...how did I forget how big your family was! It was so fun to see pictures of everyone, and to see what they look like now and to hear how they are all doing! Can you believe that we have almost known each other for 10 years! dang...that is crazy! We used to always hang out at your house, and I loved that there were so many kids around. So many fun memories! Tell Akaela congrats on her baby...and tell Glen that I think he looks like a stud! haha!

Suzanne Ivie said...

Nona, I love your blog. I didn;t know you had one. I also enjoyed your "greatest family ever." You do have a fun family. I will put your blog address in my contact list so I can look at it regularly & keep updated on what is going on with the Dyreng gang. Love, Sue

Kelie said...

What a cute post! your family is so great! I guess it's good that our parents never bought us cars at 16 because look what we got to drive...your cute pickup truck and my huge blue van!!! ha ha! I can be thankful for that now. it's fun to see all of the pictures of your family!

Tiffani Mills said...

Cute post! Tell all your family hi- it was fun to see pictures of them all grown up now- and weird. I still think of them as so much younger.

TR said...

That was a neat post about your family; how many siblings do you have? Thx for your dinner ideas. I'll send you some of mine.