Monday, April 7, 2008

Soccer games

Well Saturday was Payton and Rilee's 1st soccer game this year. For practice on Friday Payton tried to back a backpack full of treats and water and a chair. I said, "Payton, what do you have all that food for?" He replied," Incase I get hungry." Then I said, "why do you have a chair?" He said, "incase I get tired." Well needless to say I was worried about how the soccer game was going to go. We got out to the game and Payton was pumped. He said, "Mom, I am going to make 91 goals." Truthfully I was thinking, "I just hope you just stay in the game instead of running to the playground this time like last year." Well the game started and Payton started off as goalie. He did really good and no balls got passed him. He was really cute to watch and every time he stopped the ball or kicked it he would look over at me and give me thumbs up. It was sooooo cute. After playing goalie he was on the field and he scored 2 goals!!! I was so proud of him. Cody couldn't be there because he is coaching the 7th grade basketball team and they had tournaments out in Delta. Payton has told Cody over and over again just how well he did. Way to go Payton we are proud of you!!! Unfortunately, I got to the game and realized that my camera battery was dead, so no pics this week, but I will get some for next week. Oh I almost forgot to say how Rilee did....... She was also pumped up for the game, but when it started that was a whole other story. She wouldn't stay in, she kept running in and out to me. One time I said Rilee if you go in and get the ball you can play at the playground after. I meant kick the ball, but she took me litterally and went in and grabbed the ball with her hands and brought it to me. OOOPS!!!! That was about as much game time as she had. To make a long story short, towards the end of the game she said, "Mom, I think that next week I just want to be the soccer cheerleader." How cute---and what a great cheerleader she is!!!

3 comments:

Kelie said...

how funny that he ran to the playground...it's so cute that he was thinking about getting hungry and tired. love it!

Tiffani Mills said...

Cute- how fun for them to both be in soccer- I love that Rilee grabbed you the ball and wants to be a cheerleader.

Jayci said...

I love that Payton was such a planner! I can't wait to see pictures of them playing soccer. Rilee just seems too small to kick a soccer ball around!